The VIII solemn ceremony of awarding the best hotels in the country Russian Hospitality Awards 2021 took place on May 27 at the Radisson Blu Olympiysky Hotel Moscow. 23 nominations for the most anticipated award of the year, 116 contenders for the victory, the best hotels and general managers of Russia, came to Moscow to find out which of them would return home with the coveted award.
The hospitality industry ball was held in a warm atmosphere< br />in the format of a gala dinner with a high level of service, as it should be in the hotel business, aimed at anticipating the wishes of guests. The welcoming speech was made by the Deputy Head of the Federal Tourism Agency, Elena Lysenkova, Deputy Head of the Department of State Tourism Projects and Tourism Security, Deputy Head of the Federal Tourism Agency.
The guests of the award ceremony were not only managers and owners of chain and individual hotels, but also management companies and developers actively developing the hotel business in the country and planning to build new facilities.
With each year in the competition, the technology for evaluating hotels and restaurants with them becomes more complex and expanded. This year, the visits to the accommodation facilities by the jury members were supplemented by a check by secret guests who visited all the nominees from the F&B categories by filling out specially designed checklists. Also worth mentioning is the triple audit system from Deloitte, the annual auditor of the Award.
Russian Hospitality Awards 2021 Winners:
1. BEST FAMILY HOTEL – PORTO MARE Alushta
2. BEST RESORT HOTEL – Swissotel Resort Sochi Kamelia
3. BEST COUNTRY HOTEL – Dobrograd Vladimir region
4. BEST WEDDING HOTEL – Lotte Hotel Samara
5. BEST APART HOTEL – Diamond Apartments Moscow
6. BEST SPA HOTEL – Radisson Collection Paradise resort & SPA, Sochi
7. BEST HEALTH HOTEL – Medical Spa Hotel Rosa Springs Sochi
8. BEST SPORT HOTEL – Igora Hotel Leningrad region
9. BEST HOTEL 3* – Hampton by Hilton Krasnodar
10. BEST BUSINESS HOTEL 4* – Hilton Garden Inn Orenburg
11. BEST BUSINESS HOTEL 5* – Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostov-on-Don
12. BEST MICE HOTEL – Crowne Plaza Moscow – World Trade Centre
13. BEST DESIGN HOTEL – Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg-Tchaikovskogo
14. BEST LUXURY HOTEL – Four Seasons Hotel Moscow
15. BEST BREAKFAST IN HOTEL – Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow
16. BEST HOTEL RESTAURANT – Park Hotel Winter's Dacha Sortavala
17. BEST HOTEL BAR – Pokrovsky Hotel
18. BEST HOSTEL – SCOTCHHOSTEL Volgograd
19. BEST SMART HOTEL – Kol Gali Resort & SPA
20. BEST MINI-HOTEL – Tochka na karte Vidlitsa
21. GM/MANAGER OF THE YEAR – Stanislav Kondov (Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow)
22. BEST PROGRAM FOR CORPORATE AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – Adagio Moscow Paveletskaya
23. OPENING OF THE YEAR – Seehof boutique hotel Ruza Moscow region
The award has been held for eight years. Now this is the most significant event for hotels in the country. Many of them participate in the Award not only for the sake of the award, but also to improve business processes, strengthen the team spirit, and to find reliable partners for import substitution.
The competition has been going on for 5 months. The number of participants in 2021 amounted to 555 hotels from all regions of Russia, of which 329 advanced to the second stage of the competition, and 116 reached the final. The number of new project participants was 31.2%. Participating hotels representing hotel chains made up 53.2% of the total number of nominees, and individual properties – 46.8%
Top 5 cities with the largest number of participating hotels:
2. St. Petersburg
The award is supported by the following companies:
Askona, Electrolux Professional, LeePrime Group, Allegrini, Elena Krylova Interior Design Studio, Dimetra, Simple Group, Deloitte , Signum, Maxilaser, City Express, Sladkoe.