Following the decision of the Thai authorities and the Covid-19 Situation Management Center to abandon the entry scheme for tourists called test & Go, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has directed all airlines to educate travelers about the new entry measures that will apply from Sunday, May 1st. Inbound travelers no longer need to take a PCR test upon arrival or book a SHA+ hotel room to wait for test results, however some restrictions remain.
The list of new measures presented by the Thai media is as follows. Note that some of them are the responsibility of carriers.
- Vaccinated passengers can enter Thailand without having to undergo a PCR test upon arrival. However, they will be advised to self-test with an antigen test if they develop symptoms during their stay.
- Unvaccinated passengers must present a negative PCR result, the test must be taken within 72 hours before departure. If this requirement is not met, tourists will have to stay in an alternative quarantine facility and undergo PCR tests on the 4th or 5th day.
- All arrivals must have a certificate of Covid-19 insurance with coverage of at least 10,000 US dollars to claim reimbursement for treatment costs in the event of a positive test result.
- All passengers must still apply for a Thai Pass using a copy of their vaccination certificate or a negative PCR result taken less than 72 hours before departure. When the application is approved, travelers will receive a QR code, which they must show to the airline staff upon check-in. Airlines may refuse boarding to passengers who do not have a Thai Pass QR code.
- Airlines are responsible for checking that passengers have a Thai Pass QR code before travelling. In the event that a passenger is allowed to board and fly without a QR code, the airline is responsible for returning the passenger to their country of origin.
- Airports and related agencies must strictly comply with government disease prevention measures, including mandatory wearing masks and temperature checks upon entry.
“Airlines should carefully check passenger documents in accordance with the new measures and advise all passengers to prepare their documents for verification upon arrival so that they can freely enter Thailand” , – add the authors of the document.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “The Russians were told when fruits can make you very fat.”