Prices in Russian hotels, at least for the May holidays, will rise, but not fantastically – depending on the region, prices will rise by 10-30%. Such figures are contained in the analysis from Rossiyskaya Gazeta. The publication's experts interviewed hoteliers from various Russian regions – from Kaliningrad to Barnaul, not excluding popular resorts – and presented current prices.
However, the risk of a rise in prices is undoubtedly high: as hoteliers say, while low prices are forcing them to maintain low occupancy, at the same time, suppliers of the necessary products are already raising prices by 100%.
Here are the main cities and prices from experts « RG”:
- Kaliningrad and the region: at the moment in Kaliningrad itself a single room will cost an average of 4 thousand rubles. At the same time, according to experts, there is no big gap in prices between 3 and 5 star hotels: it ranges from 500 to 1000 rubles. In resorts, prices are higher – for example, in Svetlogorsk a room with a sea view already costs 4600-5000 rubles per day. “Lux” is not cheaper than 20 thousand rubles. At the same time, as the hoteliers said, May prices will increase by at least 1.5 – 2 thousand rubles. Moreover, as they assure, the rise in prices is associated exclusively with the beginning of the high season, and not with politics and sanctions.
- Petersburg: in the city on the Neva, prices have also remained at the same level, while for the next dates they are even ready to offer tourists bonuses, thanks to which a double room with breakfast and a view of the Neva – from 2000 rubles. As the hoteliers say, those tourists who have already booked a room at the previous prices will use them for May holidays; but prices for new bookings will increase by about 20%. At the same time, there is demand, they add and declare that ideally they set themselves the goal of “maintaining the prices of 2021 and getting closer to the prices of 2019.”
- Kazan: the cost of living remains at the same level – but for now. For a 5 * hotel they ask 7.6 thousand for a double deluxe at the Mirage Hotel; at the Courtyard by Marriott Kazan Kremlin, a similar room will cost 5 thousand, in 3 * – prices start at 3 thousand rubles. So far, 10-20% growth is predicted for the holidays – but experts note that while prices are kept lower due to low occupancy, hotels are forced to support them this way, although they cannot afford it. As the president of the Association of Hoteliers of the Republic, Gulnara Safina, stated, “the cost of maintaining hotels is growing by leaps and bounds” – and gave the figures. “Suppliers of towels and bed linen have raised by 100 percent. Household chemicals have risen in price by 15-30 percent. A separate story with the rise in food prices. Every day prices are rising at wholesalers. And now restaurateurs have already gone to the regions of the republic to establish relations with farmers,” she said.
- Nizhny Novgorod: here the prices in hotels and hotels of the middle class (three stars and below) start from 1800 rubles for a standard single room. Compared to the beginning of the year, they increased by no more than 15 percent on average. During the May holidays, prices will rise by another 20-30%.
- Altai Territory: some hotels in Belokurikha have already set spring and summer prices. For example, at the Neo Hotel, from April 28, the cost of all rooms will increase by 1.5 times – from 2 thousand rubles for economy to 3 thousand. From June 10, prices will rise again. Hoteliers also assure that this is a “traditional increase”. “If we compare the current spring rates with last year, then the cost of accommodation has increased slightly – by an average of 300 rubles,” they assure
- And finally, about the Black Sea resorts: experts presented some of the most popular hotels. Sochi “Pearl” will “rip off” from tourists for the May holidays 10.5 thousand rubles for a double room with three meals a day; while it costs 8.5 thousand. Lazurnaya announced prices of 12 thousand rubles. for the “standard” – as the general director of the hotel explained, the prices of only products at the same time increased by 50-70%. However, not so “famous” hotels prices are still acceptable – as stated by “RG”. Natalya Kosmina, Chairman of the Board of the Association “Russian Union of the Tourism Industry – South”, for the May holidays “quite comfortable accommodation facilities” to find from 2-2.5 thousand rubles per day. We are talking about Sochi, as well as Anapa and Gelendzhik – there is no fundamental difference in prices. Prices, she said, have risen by about 10%.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “Mistakes Revealed When Wanting to Lose Weight in the 20th, 40th, 50th and 60th ages.”
➔ Do you watch the news on your smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from Turprom in Google News or Google Discover: these are fresh travel ideas, travel news and collections on sales of tours and air tickets! Or subscribe to the travel news channel at YANDEX.ZEN or at PULSE.MAIL.RU. We also recommend subscribing to our News Channel in Telegram: https://t.me/tourprom