Another interesting trend was recorded by Russian tour operators – namely, the growing demand for long-stay tours, for a period of more than 21 days . Those. this is actually for those who want to escape from Russia during the turbulence. At least, ATOR announced the growing popularity of such a proposal, referring in turn to the Russian Express tour operator.
According to the experts of the tour operator, the trend is not that new – and before that, long-term tours existed; they were often requested by “remote workers” who want to work from a warmer climate, as well as families with children leaving for the sea in April. And such tourists have survived – this is indirectly confirmed by the fact that among the requests for long-term tours, the south of Russia has not disappeared anywhere. So not all such tourists are potential emigrants, but…
“After the start of the special operation in Ukraine, their share in total sales has grown significantly. The main category of “long-term tours” – and this is how the new product is now called in the company – is families with children, “remote workers” (mainly IT people) and citizens who simply want to temporarily change the situation, “Russian Express experts say. They claim that about 20% of tourists, or one in five, issue a request for such tours.
“Long-term” tourists prefer mostly warm regions. The geography and comfort level of requests is varied – from apartments in Croatia, Montenegro and Turkey to hotels in the Maldives, Thailand and Indonesia, hotel accommodation is booked here. Of the post-Soviet countries, tourists are most often interested in Armenia. “In the Maldives, we offer 4 * and 5 * hotels with all-inclusive meals, this is not the direction where they go for a budget vacation, and besides, it is difficult to find an apartment accommodation option on the islands. In Indonesia, Thailand, they ask for hotels of 3-4 * categories and choose breakfast meals. In Sri Lanka, hotels from 3 * to 5 * with different types of food are popular for long-term trips. And in Croatia and Montenegro, on the contrary, tourists choose apartments, often without meals, ”Anna Filatovskaya from Russian Express added ATOR details.
In general, a selection of long-term tours from a tour operator with prices is as follows. Note that all prices shown are for accommodation only, without airfare:
- Armenia: hotels of different levels, including 4 and 5* hotels with SPA services. From 92 thousand rubles per person. You can live up to 90 days without a visa.
- Serbia: SPA-hotels 5 *, up to 30 days without a visa, a visa is issued for a stay of up to 90 days. From 95 thousand rubles. per person.
- Croatia: accommodation: villas, apartments, hotels, visa required, stay up to 90 days. From 132 thousand rubles. per person
- Montenegro: apartments and cheap hotels, up to 30 days without a visa, a visa is issued for a stay of up to 90 days, from 52 thousand rubles per person.
- Turkey: apartments and hotels any level and budget, visa-free up to 90 days. From 89 thousand rubles
- UAE: cheap hotels or apartments, visa on arrival for up to 90 days, from 280 thousand rubles
- Maldives: hotels for every taste, mostly 4-5 *, up to 30 days without a visa., from 495 thousand rubles
- Sri Lanka: hotels of any level and budget, mostly 3-5 *; up to 30 days with an e-visa, a visa is issued for a stay of up to 90 days, from 110 thousand rubles. per person.
- Thailand, Indonesia: hotels of any level and budget, mostly 3-4 *; up to 30 days without a visa, a visa is issued for a stay of up to 90 or up to 180 days (maximum stay without leaving 60 days). Thailand will cost 106 thousand rubles; Bali – 137 thousand rubles. minimum.
- The experts also cited the prices of Russian accommodation, in hotels and apartments on the Black Sea coast – and this is from 60 thousand rubles per person for a long tour.
Recall that a detailed list of “windows to Europe” and not only that are still open for tourists can be found at the link.
For those who value a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “A “tasty” way to improve health has been named heart, brain and prevent aging.”
➔ See the news on your smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from Turprom in Google News or Google Discover: these are fresh travel ideas, travel news and collections on sales of tours and air tickets! Or subscribe to the travel news channel at YANDEX.ZEN or at PULSE.MAIL.RU. We also recommend subscribing to our News Channel in Telegram: https://t.me/tourprom