Tourist amputated penis and scrotum after being bitten by a bug on the beach of a popular resort

A tourist had his penis and scrotum amputated after being bitten by a bug on the beach of a popular resort

A tourist who went on a business trip to a popular American resort in Costa Riquet (Central America), experienced a real horror: after being bitten by a carnivorous beetle, he developed a rare and serious bacterial infection, which led to the amputation of the manhood and scrotum. A heartbreaking story was told by his sister to LancashireLive.

The 47-year-old businessman flew in on business and ended up stuck for several months due to a life-threatening illness. According to a relative of the victim, the man contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a rare and serious bacterial infection that affects the tissues under the skin, as well as surrounding muscles and organs.

The man said that he managed to visit the local beach only once and later only three days the doctors fought for his life. “He had just contracted an infection, and it literally escalated from something insignificant to the fact that he was lying near death,” she said.

The infection was so severe that doctors diagnosed the man as having Fournier's gangrene, a type of necrotizing fasciitis that affects the penis, scrotum, or perineum. To save the patient's life, the surgeons had to remove a large infected area. At that time, the doctors did not give any guarantees and noted that the man had only 30 percent of survival.

“It was absolutely terrible for him, he was in exceptional pain, he couldn’t sit properly – he only had a 30 percent chance of surviving because it’s such a rare bacterial infection and there aren’t many antibiotics that can treat these types of infections. ”, she said.

The medical staff tried several different antibiotics before they found one that really began to help heal wounds. After a complex operation, a man visits the hospital three times a week to prevent a relapse.

However, the tourist still cannot return home, he is kept by medical bills. He spent more than 10 million rubles on treatment. At the same time, the total cost of rehabilitation is estimated at an amount that is twice as much. Now the family is collecting donations from all over the world.

“Unfortunately, he cannot answer each individually, but he wants to convey his gratitude to each of you,” the authors left such a message on behalf of the patient on the social media page.< /p>

Help: Necrotizing fasciitis is a rare but serious bacterial infection caused by the bacteria Streptococcus pyogenes or Clostridium perfringens. It affects the tissues under the skin, surrounding muscles and organs. It is often referred to as “carnivorous” disease, even though the bacteria do not eat flesh. They most likely release toxins that damage nearby tissues.

The condition may start with a relatively minor injury, such as a small cut, but may progress and worsen very quickly. If this is not recognized quickly, the condition can become life-threatening.

For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “The dentist named 7 foods that cause bad breath.”

< p dir="ltr">➔ Do you watch news on your smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from Turprom in Google News or Google Discover: these are fresh travel ideas, travel news and collections on sales of tours and air tickets! Or subscribe to the travel news channel at YANDEX.ZEN or at PULSE.MAIL.RU. We also recommend subscribing to our News Channel in Telegram: https://t.me/tourprom

Источник

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.