Turkish Airlines Announces Resumption of Stopover Program in Istanbul.
The program will also apply to Russian citizens. So, the Russians, when flying through Istanbul, will have the opportunity to make a free stop in the city and spend the night in a hotel.
According to the press service of Turkish Airlines, stopovers will be available for citizens flying from Russia to the following destinations: America (USA, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Cuba, Venezuela, Mexico), Asia – Far East, Africa, Spain , Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Greece, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Georgia, Malta, Israel, Prague, Vienna, Belgrade, Baku, Bucharest, Jordan, Croatia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Central Europe, Middle East, Northern Europe, Balkans.
It is clarified that passengers with round-trip tickets can spend the night in a hotel for free and only once – either when flying there or on the way back. At the same time, the transfer must last at least 20 hours.
In addition, the following conditions apply:
- The passenger pays visa fees, as well as the costs of travel around the city and the road from airport to hotel;
- Free accommodation is only available for passengers on flights operated by Turkish Airlines. Passengers can use free accommodation by providing a ticket number only if it is issued by Turkish Airlines, starting with number 235;
- To use the free stopover accommodation service, the application must be sent to email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to the departure of the first flight;
- Passengers without hotel vouchers cannot use the free stopover service;
- A boarding pass is required at check-in at the hotel and a hotel voucher;
- The passenger can stay for free in a five-star hotel for two days when traveling in Business class or in a four-star hotel for one day when traveling in Economy class.
When applying, you must provide your first and last name, booking code (PNR) or ticket number, date range for the proposed accommodation, preferred room type (single, double local or triple), phone number and email address.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the airline's website.