Two families at once accuse a hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh of severe poisoning on the verge of death

Two families at once accuse a hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh of severe poisoning on the verge of death

Immediately two families of foreign tourists were collectively poisoned in one Egyptian hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh with a break of only two months – severe symptoms of intoxication turned into a threat for them, near death. This was reported by the British newspaper Express.

It was clarified that a British family of four bought a ticket from the tour operator TUI and went on vacation to the Jaz Mirabel Park hotel to celebrate the birthday of one of them. There they spent time from 4 to 11 July. The symptoms appeared immediately after returning from holiday in the UK. Half of the family, 50-year-old mother Jane Hughes and her 7-year-old son, were hospitalized. The woman was diagnosed with salmonella and kidney damage, signs – nausea, diarrhea, high fever and hallucinations. The child's symptoms were not reported.

It didn't end there. Four months later, the tourist still had stomach problems. “When I remember the trip, I remember the buffet, the dishes were always left open, and new ones were added on top of the existing ones. Flies often buzzed around, and I saw how many people took everything with their hands and did not use the utensils. I'm still not very well, and I know that I can not change what happened, but I feel that I deserve to know what happened to us, because I got so seriously ill, ”she said.

International serious injury lawyers Irwin Mitchell said at least two families are accusing a hotel in Sharm El Sheikh of severe poisoning.

The second family rested in the specified hotel two months before – a 7-year-old boy from the UK almost died after severe food poisoning. Ethan McNally-Roberts and his parents Natalie and John, 42, went on holiday to Sharm El Sheikh on May 20. They stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel. It is known that for the child it was the first trip abroad. On the evening of the first day, the man began vomiting and diarrhea, and his wife and child were ill for five days. Ethan ended up in the intensive care unit in Sharm El Sheikh. He had a seizure during which he choked and stopped breathing – this meant that he needed to be resuscitated. A few days later, the boy and his family were sent to the UK, where he was hospitalized in a hospital in Bristol. The boy still needs regular monitoring of kidney function.

Here is an excerpt from a traveler's account of an unhappy holiday in an Egyptian hotel: “This was Ethan's first holiday abroad, and we were all very excited. A few days later we all got sick. When Ethan was sick, our hearts broke, and when his condition worsened, we realized that we had to take him to the hospital. What we went through was nothing but trauma, and John and I were scared that Ethan might die. No parent should go through what we went through. It will take years to recover and return to normal. At times we were not even allowed into a hospital in Egypt to visit him. It was terrible.

We ended up staying in Egypt longer than we had planned, and John and Ethan had to return home separately in an ambulance. Leaving them in Egypt was one of the hardest things I had to do, knowing how Ethan's condition continued to deteriorate. It was such a relief when they returned home, but even then Ethan had to continue treatment and stay in the hospital in Bristol for about a week. To this day, he is still ill and needs regular follow-up due to kidney damage.
He has recently turned eight years old and the effects of treatment in Egypt are still having a psychological impact on him, which breaks my heart. He is truly our hero for how he handled everything he had to endure. I wish we could turn back time and not go to Egypt, but unfortunately that is not possible. While we can't change anything, what we've been through is unacceptable and we demand answers.”

Hannah Clifford, specialized international personal injury lawyer representing victims, commented: “All of our clients were saving up for vacations and couldn't wait to go to Egypt. However, their dream trips turned into nightmares after they were stricken with stomach symptoms.”

In both cases, she said, things got worse and worse when hospital treatment was required. For example, doctors diagnosed kidney damage. “The consequences of gastric diseases should never be underestimated, as they have the potential to lead to serious illnesses, as was the case in this situation. It is understood that our clients have a number of questions and concerns about how they got sick, and we are investigating them now. We are determined to help them get the answers they deserve,” she concluded.

For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “Scientists Find Diet Coke Leads to Anxiety Behaviors.”< /p>
Источник

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *